ASUS Ask Me Anything on Tom’s Hardware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
ASUS recent products were amazing. Setting up the hardware was really simple. No need for any software/bloatware on my computer.
Where do you find your Engineers?

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Asus can you please make a computer that doesn't look like a space ship, race car, night club? If you do I will give you my money. Not trolling. Sleek, black, plain whatever and have gaming functionality. Not everyone buying a computer is an 18 year old with a graduation present before going off to college. The last thing I need is to bring my gaming laptop somewhere for a non-gaming purpose and getting looks because my laptop looks like an 8 year olds race car bed. VROOOOM!

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
So, this is just going to be a PR event then. I'll pass.

I've bought several dozen of their MB's and various cards over the years. I'd love to hear them say they are getting back to the days when they were the ONLY choice for the serious PC builders.

Wasn't posted here.... :) lol
once more... you really need to check dates and read before you fire the fingers off.....

Bharath7291

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I have an Asus router RT-AC 66U which has transfer speed, connecting to download master, blocking the IP's, etc.....I have contacted them and they provided me with a new firmware and still have the same issues.
It looks like Asus are not able to provide a stable firmware for the router. Do we have anyways that we can fix those issues?

Bharath7291

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
In Regards to the Asus CROSSHAIR IV EXTREME i have some issues where the AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8320 (FD8320FRHKBOX) seems to have problem working with this motherboard, temperature of the board raises up very quick. RAM frequency on BIOS does not take automatically, different GPU's don't work simultaneously when it comes for Lucid technology.....it looks like Asus has a lots of problems with the products which i have been purchasing till date.....Do we have anyway to resolve these problems?????

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Not sure what you mean about checking dates--I knew that this wasn't the AMA thread.

Anyhoo, the reason I posted what I did is because it's obvious that most of the people were facetiously asking questions in this thread and venting about things; clearly they were not serious about jumping in the real AMA thread, nor did they think that this thread is the AMA thread.

anononon

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Are there any plans to bring Thunderbolt to any of the X79 series motherboards? or even push your thunderbolt card to work on the x79 platform. Perhaps drop the Firewire 400 for a firewire 800 plug?

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
When will Kabini, particularly A6-5200, motherboards be available in the United States, in Mini-ITX form factors? I'm not asking when there's an announcement about a product that's not available for a while, but when we can actually purchase it. Any rough time frames?

ruzveh

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Why doesnt Asus launch all motherboards with built in wifi and bluetooth? And why dont they utilise all their resources in providing added USB ports and stop providing with too many display options on their motherboard like dp, hdmi, vga and dvi. Its all crap. Who needs all these ports? We only need simple solution of HDMI and DP and use rest of the ports to provide more space for USB connections, wifi & BT

Why is the Asus DC2 HD 7850 unable to crossfire with the Asus DC2T HD 7850? I recently attempted this, and my system would not make it past POST.

I didn't think it was a card Bios issue, since according to AMD, 7850's can be crossfired with 7870's which are certainly a different Bios. However, once flashing the DC2 Bios to a DC2T, all was fine.

Thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.