Question Asus Aspire М3910 Cooler Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftGamer

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
Hello everyone! Have very old pc Asus Aspire М3910 with HI.10800.048 (???) cooler and probably H57M01 Motherboard.
I buy new cooler for this one, because my I7-870 starting to overheating even in idle. But.. There is problem. I cant find how to totally remove old cooler from mobo.
I cant even describe this thing, but here is the photos(sorry for the "16K" quality). There is some things that prevents cooler install and also not removable.

Google doesnt help. And by the way dont look at thermal grease, what happened in the photo because of cooler removing :DD

eQoPQ6ILToM.jpg

BV8zpTADRpg.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
If no luck, the backplate may have a tacky adhesive on it to hold it in place during assembly. See if you can free up one edge of the backplate with a something like the edge of a credit card. Myfedloan
I suspect that the backplate simply pops off with a little pressure down on the posts that are sticking thru the topside of the board.

LeftGamer

Honorable
Nov 22, 2016
Im good, thx for help. A lot more pressure solved the problem. Didn't see such a powerful cpu backplate earlier xDD
Sorry for such slowly answer, didnt have much time for this.
Thanks again!
If no luck, the backplate may have a tacky adhesive on it to hold it in place during assembly. See if you can free up one edge of the backplate with a something like the edge of a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.