Asus Aura rgb header burnt

russrn16

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
So I connected my Phanteks RGB led strip to my asus aura header and it started a fire on my motherboard so i quickly turned off my pc. After i removed everything thats rgb. My motherboard still works and the led on the motherboard is only white. Should I still keep using my motherboard. I can't get it RMA since I got it used and the guy that sold it doesn't have the invoice.

Solution

Hello i think i may just had the same problem. Happend that i bought a seperate phanteks converter from the motherboard to the led strip and the front Phanteks ATX Lights. I didnt check the install manual so now both the RGB Header on my Asus Maximus VIII Formula and the front Light on my Phanteks case see to have stopped working. Im not sure but i think it...
Well....my guess is...there is something wrong with you Phantek RGB strip. I wouldn't plug it into anything.

Is the LED supposed to be white?

If so....I think you probably didn't hurt the MB. It probably just got really hot and it may actually still work for the LEDs if the header isn't melted too bad,

uncharted.uncharted

Commendable
Feb 28, 2018

Hello i think i may just had the same problem. Happend that i bought a seperate phanteks converter from the motherboard to the led strip and the front Phanteks ATX Lights. I didnt check the install manual so now both the RGB Header on my Asus Maximus VIII Formula and the front Light on my Phanteks case see to have stopped working. Im not sure but i think it may be due to plugin in the strip top the motherboard and also the SATA Power cable that turns the from lights on. I'v started and RMA for the case but also wanted one for the motherboard, so really need to know if there is a fix or if it is defenitly busted.

For me the board is fine but the header doesnt see to change RGB strip colors. Also the from panel colors are stuck on dark blue. Check my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyBf6wLuyQ

The problem is not just the case/led its also the motherboard

Solution