[SOLVED] Asus B550-F Gaming wifi motherboard and ethernet not working.

MarkJohnson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I reinstalled my Asus B550-F Gaming WIFI 6 motherboard into my old Lian Li Dynamic 011 Razer case and my ethernet isn't working. I tried different ethernet cables and different router ports (Asus GT-AX11000) unsuccessfully.

WIFI works, but I want ethernet. I only got the WIFI version for Bluetooth devices.

Is there a way to force it back to ethernet mode?

Solution
I reinstalled my Asus B550-F Gaming WIFI 6 motherboard into my old Lian Li Dynamic 011 Razer case and my ethernet isn't working. I tried different ethernet cables and different router ports (Asus GT-AX11000) unsuccessfully.

WIFI works, but I want ethernet. I only got the WIFI version for Bluetooth devices.

That motherboard has the Intel 2.5Gb ethernet. Make sure you are using the latest Intel drivers. That network chip has had driver problems.

kanewolf

Titan

That motherboard has the Intel 2.5Gb ethernet. Make sure you are using the latest Intel drivers. That network chip has had driver problems.

Solution

In which way is it not working ? Is it visible and enabled in BIOS and Device manager ?
Are there lights in the ethernet port when you plug it in the router ?
In Windows you can use only one type of connection, can't use wired and WiFi connection at same time, disable WiFi connection and enable wired.