ASUS B85M-G not starting with Intel Core i5-4460

Pilers

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hi. I did BIOS upgrade in ASUS B85M-G to 2501 and try to start with Intel Core i5-4460. The power is okay, but there is no bip and I can not even access bios (set up). Any ideas? Should I adjust anything else? All CPU settings in Bios are set for AUTO...
BTW - BIOS upgrade I did when I had old CPU (Intel Pentium) inside. It is working okay when I put Pentium again. With Core i5 computer is turning on, but no display, no bip on start.
Please help...

Solution

your motherboard has a built in feature of upgrading the bios even when its not powering on
ASUS B85M-G read the point here and try upgrading the bios from a usb flash drive

vishal15

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015

your motherboard has a built in feature of upgrading the bios even when its not powering on
ASUS B85M-G read the point here and try upgrading the bios from a usb flash drive

Solution

Pilers

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

This is new for me. should I disconnect the power suply before I pull this CMOS battery ? Why it schould help?

I did not upgrade bios from usb drive. I did not have this option in old bios. I have it now in 2501 but what' s the point to upgrade it again to the same version?

Theesire

Commendable
May 4, 2016

And when it doesnt help with clearing the cmos (took the battery out, and ive cleared it using the 2 pins)
only the i5 thats not working :/ got the latest bios install, and it boots with the old cpu.

Pilers

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
A little piece of advise: check all CPU socket pins with magnifying glass if non is bended. I used to have one bended and that was a reason why I5 did not start...

Theesire

Commendable
May 4, 2016
okj, after stealing this post :p heres what i found out.. ive done basicly everything the internet said.. ive googled for hours and hours, testing basicly everything.. then i started thinking.. what did you do before this happend.... right.. i plugged in a goddamn chromecast to my network... removed that shit and woha!! shit works again!!! that little bastard gave me winsock issues, missing dns server, no valid ip configuration etc etc etc.. removed that.. everythings ok now.