Question ASUS BIOS Default Settings vs Load Optimized Defaults?

Redbird2012

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2016
Can someone explain what the difference is between ASUS Default(F5) in EZ Mode vs Load Optimized Defaults in Advanced Mode (F7) under Exit tab? If you were going to do a BIOS update what would you choose to reset to factory settings for a clean BIOS update? Are they the same?

Redbird2012

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2016
Default uses that, the default values embedded by the board manufacturer.
Optimized Defaults uses basic settings designed to get the most out of your installed hardware.

i would always use Optimized
unless troubleshooting odd behavior.
Thanks for your reply, quess I'll be selecting Optimized Defaults before doing the BIOS update. I have the i9-13900k (w/ASUS z690i) running at stock settings, no overclocking, however I do have XMP enabled to get the most out of my ram. I need to do/should do the new BIOS update to curb any possible high Vcore voltages & high temps.

Thus far I haven't had an issue. I'm a content creator/real estate photographer/ & video, so I don't tax my system as someone who games with high cpu usage over long periods of time. At present time my pc is operating within good operational limits, 39C @ idle, 53C under load & want to keep it that way.

Never done a BIOS update before so proceeding with caution, reading articles, ASUS manual, & watching YT how-to-videos. But only a couple times has someone even mentioned resetting to Factory settings before doing a BIOS update so I was wondering if it makes a difference or not to do so & if so which to select? Even the z690i doesn't make any mention of doing it. Hence my post.