Question asus BIOS Updater app Problem

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi, i am going to buy a memory for a old ddr2 P5Gz-mx

i believe that i need to update the bios.
problem is , i cant find that app name.

it use to be Asus update.
now , i cant find the specific ap for windows 7 x32.

any links is appreciated. thanks

Solution
I'm assuming you're currently on BIOS version 0601 as it's stated you need to be on this or higher in order to install Windows Vista. Windows 7 is the successor to Vista(and is similar to it but less resource hungry).

Download Asus update from this link;
Driver & Tools > scroll down to Software and Utility and you should see a listing for ASUS Update V7.17.06 Install Program for Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit & 64bit.

I've since retired my Rampage Extreme board but knew of the app you were referring to.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you're currently on BIOS version 0601 as it's stated you need to be on this or higher in order to install Windows Vista. Windows 7 is the successor to Vista(and is similar to it but less resource hungry).

Driver & Tools > scroll down to Software and Utility and you should see a listing for ASUS Update V7.17.06 Install Program for Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit & 64bit.

I've since retired my Rampage Extreme board but knew of the app you were referring to.

Reactions: .valkyrie.
Solution

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018

thanks, its 901 now.
but unfortunately, still cant use
apacer 1gb 800 . system wont boot.
does it mean that i cant use 2gb stick as well? should i cancel my order?