Asus CG8350 Graphics Upgrade

Asusdude

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014
Hi I am kind of new to this and have been spending alot of time scratching my head researching. I'd like to install a video card, but I'm not sure what the stock hardware can handle. I did read the I'll probably have to upgrade my PSU to handle a higher end card for I'm gearing it for gaming on a budget for the card of $250. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I believe these are the specs for the AMD Radeon R9 270X... http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r9

Its pretty guaranteed that you will have to upgrade your power supply no matter what though since the 400w really can't support many options. I ran my new card with the default 400w for a couple months until I found the psu I wanted.

Also, I am unsure as to how true this is though, but I was told if you have a Intel CPU, you should stick with Nvidia graphics and AMD/ATI stick together.

For the ASUS Essentio CG8350...

Graphic Options (Listed on ASUS website):

• NVIDIA GTX560 Ti (1G/D5)
    NVIDIA GTX550 Ti (1G/D5)
    NVIDIA GTX460 DX 11
    NVIDIA GTS450 (1G/D5)
    NVIDIA GT530 (2G/D3)
    NVIDIA GT530 (1G/D3)
And in case you...

Miz_Mizukii

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
If this is your desktop, I have the same one. I ended up installing this card and upgrading my power supply from the 400 start to this one and installed 2 fans since the only included fan was the one attached to my cpu =_=

Anyway, with what I've done so far, I'm able to play the current WoW on Ultra settings with an average of 90fps. Works well while raiding and going to high-ish pop areas on the game. I've also run Diablo, Sims 2 and Sims 3 fairly well.

BUT if you don't want to get one like I got, go to the ASUS link for the desktop and look at the specs, you can see a list of Graphics Card options. Just remember to look at the specs for the one you like... check to see what the the required/recommended power supply is because I can almost guarantee you will have to replace yours as well... I'm happy with mine so far with what I added. I'll be looking into possibly installing a couple more fans if spaces are available to plug them in and there's room... I hope I was of some help =]

P.S. Lots of links, srry >.< kinda hard to see them lol

Miz_Mizukii

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
I believe these are the specs for the AMD Radeon R9 270X... http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r9

Its pretty guaranteed that you will have to upgrade your power supply no matter what though since the 400w really can't support many options. I ran my new card with the default 400w for a couple months until I found the psu I wanted.

Also, I am unsure as to how true this is though, but I was told if you have a Intel CPU, you should stick with Nvidia graphics and AMD/ATI stick together.

For the ASUS Essentio CG8350...

Graphic Options (Listed on ASUS website):

• NVIDIA GTX560 Ti (1G/D5)
    NVIDIA GTX550 Ti (1G/D5)
    NVIDIA GTX460 DX 11
    NVIDIA GTS450 (1G/D5)
    NVIDIA GT530 (2G/D3)
    NVIDIA GT530 (1G/D3)
And in case you were wondering... Expansion Slots (I found version 2.0 next to my PCI-e x16 slot when I opened up my case to look for it since a version wasn't listed in the ASUS specs.)
2 x PCI
2 x PCI-e x 16

I went the safest route and just stuck with what was recommended by the manufacturer.

Solution