[SOLVED] ASUS chargers for laptops: when did they change the size?

shmu26

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2014
I have a relatively new ASUS laptop, model
X509JB
The relevant specs on the charger are:
Tip pin size: 4.0mm * 1.35mm (Asus new micro pin)

My charger suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason. I don't see any signs of damage on the body or on the cord or on the tip. The one-year warranty on my laptop ran out two months ago.
However, the laptop works when connected to a different charger.

People are offering me their old ASUS chargers to borrow or buy, and I just went over to someone, and they had an older model of charger that looks just the same in the pics, but the tip is slightly bigger and it doesn't fit.
When did ASUS shrink the size?
I am searching for a way to know whether the next charger that someone offers me will fit or not, without driving over to their home and trying it out. It looks like the same size tip in pictures.

Solution
I am searching for a way to know whether the next charger that someone offers me will fit or not, without driving over to their home and trying it out. It looks like the same size tip in pictures.

Technically chargers with one of the following P/N will fit your laptop :

PA-1650-33U1
ADP-65DW Y2B
AD2087320010LF

Important info are :

• Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240V
  • Input Frequency: 50 ~ 60Hz
  • Output Voltage: 19V
  • Output Current: 3.42A
  • Power: 65W
  • Plug Size: 4.0mm * 1.3mm

Technically chargers with one of the following P/N will fit your laptop :

PA-1650-33U1
ADP-65DW Y2B
AD2087320010LF

Important info are :

• Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240V
  • Input Frequency: 50 ~ 60Hz
  • Output Voltage: 19V
  • Output Current: 3.42A
  • Power: 65W
  • Plug Size: 4.0mm * 1.3mm

Solution