Question ASUS CPU fan error on new Corsair iCue H150i elite

AModernMelon

Reputable
Jul 19, 2019
Just installed a Corsair iCue H150i elite Capellix liquid cooler on an ASUS ROG Strix B550 board with an AM4 socket. Upon startup, the BIOS is telling me that there is a CPU fan error and it won’t boot windows. The LED on the pump is on, and the temp is staying at 39/40 degrees Celsius, so I think the pump is in fact on. What might be the issue??

kanewolf

Titan
Just installed a Corsair iCue H150i elite Capellix liquid cooler on an ASUS ROG Strix B550 board with an AM4 socket. Upon startup, the BIOS is telling me that there is a CPU fan error and it won’t boot windows. The LED on the pump is on, and the temp is staying at 39/40 degrees Celsius, so I think the pump is in fact on. What might be the issue??
What do you have plugged into the CPU_Fan header ?

My Asus x470 F Gaming did the same thing when I upgraded from Fx with a H110i.
It's strange how some mobo's have problems and others don't hooking them up per Corsair's instructions.

I 1st set that fan header to ignore and still got my pump rpm speed in Icue, then later started just hooking my rear exhaust fan to the cpu header and the corsair pump rpm Sense/Tach wire to he Aio header.

On my son's Msi b450 Pro Carbon Gaming Ac it has No problem with a H110i or the H150i E C which is on it now and booting without the fan error warning.

Just check often in Icue everything is normal and you are good to go.