[SOLVED] ASUS Crosshair V Formula z won’t start error code c7

Jan 12, 2021
I get the error code c7 on my motherboard with no BIOS beep(I have a bios sound small speaker attached to my motherboard). I have tried to plug out any unnecessary things for boot ( mouse, keyboard, external hard drives) and have tried to reset the bios by removing the battery and putting it back in but with no results. My pc turns on but doesn’t get to the bios setup stage. It was working fine but I removed a stick of ram to show my friend the make and model and after I put it back in this problem started.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Thanks for replying!
Tried taking out the RAM and putting it back in and it worked. I have 4x4GB so it was in the same slot. I got to the desktop screen and I’m going to plug in all the unnecessary things now(hard drive, mouse). I will reply if all goes well!
Hi again, turns out it was a PS4 USB wire preventing the boot which is weird as the controller wasn’t even plugged in! Boots up fine without the wire(which I can add after boot and it works).
All is in order now, thank you for providing such a simple solution! No really thank you so much and just in time for my online class. Thank you again!

tombraiderfanatic

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015
I know this sounds obvious, but did you put the RAM back in the same slot?
Have you tried taking it out and re-inserting it (I know such a cliche techie comment!!)
Mobos often insist on which slots the RAM has to go in if using only 2 sticks, so check your manual.
Have you tried it with a single stick?

Jan 12, 2021
I know this sounds obvious, but did you put the RAM back in the same slot?
Have you tried taking it out and re-inserting it (I know such a cliche techie comment!!)
Mobos often insist on which slots the RAM has to go in if using only 2 sticks, so check your manual.
Have you tried it with a single stick?
Thanks for replying!
Tried taking out the RAM and putting it back in and it worked. I got to the desktop screen and I’m going to plug in all the unnecessary things now(hard drive, mouse). I will reply if all goes well!

Jan 12, 2021
Thanks for replying!
Tried taking out the RAM and putting it back in and it worked. I have 4x4GB so it was in the same slot. I got to the desktop screen and I’m going to plug in all the unnecessary things now(hard drive, mouse). I will reply if all goes well!
Hi again, turns out it was a PS4 USB wire preventing the boot which is weird as the controller wasn’t even plugged in! Boots up fine without the wire(which I can add after boot and it works).
All is in order now, thank you for providing such a simple solution! No really thank you so much and just in time for my online class. Thank you again!

Solution