[SOLVED] ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero - can’t use the keyboard on new build PC, stuck at BIOS page

Mar 7, 2020
Hi, I have just built a PC with the above motherboard and AMD 3950X.

On turning it on, the PC works fine and boots up to the BIOS page where it says “press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS” However I cant progress past this when pressing F2 or DEL.

Power light is on the wired Keyboard,
I have tried all USB slots,
I have tried 2 Keyboards too.

The code 06 is on the LEDs on the motherboard.

Please help, Currently lost on this!

Solution
So I tired the actions as above. This did not work. A pal who is an IT professional took a look over the PC and tried the above reset with me. All items correctly fitted.

on inserting the USB into the USB Bios port, and holding down the reset button for 3 seconds , the light flashes for a few seconds and then stays blue.
If the LED blinks for 5 seconds and then turns solid, your BIOS update has failed. This may be caused by improper installation on your USB storage device, or the BIOS file may have an incorrect name/format. If this occurs, restart your system and check if the error occurs again.

here is full guide for updating bios through flashback
Mar 7, 2020
So I tired the actions as above. This did not work. A pal who is an IT professional took a look over the PC and tried the above reset with me. All items correctly fitted.

on inserting the USB into the USB Bios port, and holding down the reset button for 3 seconds , the light flashes for a few seconds and then stays blue.

If the LED blinks for 5 seconds and then turns solid, your BIOS update has failed. This may be caused by improper installation on your USB storage device, or the BIOS file may have an incorrect name/format. If this occurs, restart your system and check if the error occurs again.

here is full guide for updating bios through flashback

Solution
Mar 7, 2020
Actual this did work, the IT friend downloaded the Crossfire VIII hero Bios (which did not work) and not the Crossfire VIII Hero WI-FI which worked perfectly. Thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS