Asus Debuts New Transformer Pad Infinity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foster97

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Tegr 3 processor wasn't that bad the real problen was most tablets manufactures option to run only 1gb of ram which was never enough to handle heavy processes.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013

Hey idiot, news flash! People do things other than gaming on electronic devices!!! Have you ever heard of this thing called Excel? Have you ever had the pains of looking through massive data sheets on 1080p, then thanking god for 2560x1600? And this is just MY benefit, other people get far more benefits from this screen, I can't speak for them cause I don't know their job details though. (complex software, adobe and stuff)

Um, take it easy, son. We (most of us, anyways) get your productivity point, but there is no need for calling people names. You can easily make your point without being rude.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

PVZ2 comes out soon, much better option for all those pixels =P

gilbadon

Distinguished
I own the the current latest model. Its amazing. This will hopefully get rid of the current hiccups for speed. I just hope they update the internal flash memory because the current generation's is way slower than microsd class 10 external storage.

Shubham Mathur

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
for more info about Asus Transformer Pad Infinity plz visit my official site @http://techfactz.com/transformer-pad-infinity-announced-by-asus-at-computexget-all-detail/?subscribe=success#blog_subscription-2

matthelm

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009

I agree 100%. In 3 to 5 years, when the Windows 8 tablets become mainstream, they will kill the Android tablets.

matthelm

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
John Hadley said:This seems really strange. Why have such massive display resolution and yet only 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of disk space. and apparently no DVD or BluRay player? You have no place to store large high-resolution content so what are you going to do that needs so much screen resolution? Run office applications while looking at the screen with a magnifying glass?

You can easily use a 128GB SD card with the keyboard, which is bigger than any current BluRay or DVD disk, so you can use all this resolution just fine.

As for RAM, why would anyone need more than 640K?

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

You're using excel on a 10in screen? Who's the idiot here? I'm talking about ridiculous resolutions on PUNY screens. You apparently don't get it. Did you even read the comment? I'm buying 1440p or 1600p for those EXCEL sheets too! But it has NO PLACE on my 10in or less mobile unit (whatever that may be, phone tablet). I'm not dumb enough to load excel on a 10in screen...LOL. IF my boss asks me to do that I will tell him I quit, because I can't work for a company who hires someone so clearly stupid ABOVE my own pay grade...LOL.

Unless your print is completely unreadable I guess you scroll all day in your excel sheets on puny screens...LOL. That's not what you meant? Then perhaps you should have just kept your thoughts to yourself? I said nothing about hating hi-res on a LARGE monitor (I'm looking to upgrade to above 1920x1200 I'm at now ASAP). I'm merely pointing out how useless 2560x1600 etc is on a nexus 10 where the gpu can't keep up at all as others seem to say also.

NOBODY is running complex apps on tablets or phones. You call me an idiot but completely miss the entire point of my post...LOL. Hilarious. What part of my post said higher resolutions sucks on LARGE monitors? The only point made with regards to HUGE screens was how ridiculous the pixels are on PUNY screens in comparison. My dad's nexus 10 is ABOVE my desktops (more than one!)...ROFL. News flash, you have problems reading. Maybe you need a bigger font size? ;) This has 2GB memory (total, I can get that much just for local vid memory on a crap card and 6GB on Titan etc), 8watt envelopes (roughly) to run in and a 10in screen. This vs. full PC's with 16GB of main memory (or up to 32GB today), up to 300w+ envelopes in vid cards alone that come with 6GB of memory in some cases and are pushing LESS pixels in 98.75% of the users using PC's according to steam (only 1.25% have above 1920x1200 in their surveys). There are not many of us that have less than a 19in today (many 20in on newegg for $90 or under), and basically the entire user base is pushing less than 1920x1200 that is far below my dad's nexus 10in...LOL

I regularly whip out a 10in to edit photos in Adobe's CS 6 suite (which doesn't even run on these BTW, nor does excel without windows), love to use spreadsheets on 10in and create other content on them all day as opposed to my huge monitor.../sarcasm...Whatever...Clearly everyone else got the point. Please take a chill pill before commenting next time ok?... :) Not quite sure how you jump to someone being ANGRY over any product release. You could call me disappointed, but not much more. Do I think a lot of companies are making stupid product decisions that hinder their products more than help the users? YEP. Do I think they're idiots? YEP. Does that make me angry?...ROFL. NOPE. If any forum post really gets you that hopped up, I think you need some anger management classes :sarcastic: Re-reading my own post I see a few derogatory comments, but not even a swear word in my post. Who's angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.