Asus Delays Eee Keyboard, Adds Touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
That EEE keyboard looks cool and all but I think I'd have issues staring to the right all the time to see what I'm doing. Aesthetically nice but poor in functionality. Plus it is an Asus so I'd expect that it'll die right after the warranty expires or if before the end of warranty..expect a lot of headaches with the worst rma department on earth.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
title is wrong. It;s not "adds touchscreen" it's "improves."

Too bad it woun't be out this holiday. I was plannig on getting one with my Christmas card money.... (living far from family has it's perks, in lots of cash gifts in leiu of other harder to ship gifts).

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Props to ASUS for not releasing a half-baked product a la SonyEricsson. Thank you for trying ASUS, I for one appreciate the effort.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Can't a netbook be setup to do the same functionality? I can get a home brew program and do this with my Pre after all (90% sure the iPhone as a similar home brew app)...

I'd buy this even if it didn't have a netbook built into it.

Keyboard + touchscreen + attached = Ultimate HTPC keyboard.

drjt87

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]I hope they make a matte black one. For some reason like the one in the picture, silver just makes it look cheap and tacky.[/citation]

Just like Macs!

(I'll probably get voted down for this...)

xagest

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
There's one thing I haven't seen on this thing that really disappoints me. An IR transmitter. Dear lord, this would be the most fantastic universal remote I can imagine, and there's no sign of such a thing on it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.