Asus Details Transformer AiO Tablet, Can Run Both Windows 8 and Android 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibenq

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
[citation][nom]zivgt2[/nom]I think the screen size is too small for a desktop, too big for a tablet...[/citation]

but at least, it's smaller, rather have a 22" tablet... :Da 18,5" should capable for standard work and still fun to play with...

I remember when I tried Win 8 13" notebook. the text so small and makes my eye squint every time.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Do want. I disagree that it's too big for a tablet and too small for a monitor. Anything tablet size by definition should be suitable as a monitor, unless you set your monitor way back on your desk or mount it near the ceiling or something. The distance from your face to your lap should not be terribly closer than sitting at at desk. And I would love a tablet that was much closer to traditional laptop size. 18.4 is the largest laptop you can get, so I've no problem with an 18.4" tablet. The price worries me a little. At that size I wouldn't expect much from battery life. I'll have to consider this a bit, but even with the nice touches the price is a little steep for a tablet (or at least more than I'm willing to spend on one).

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
18.5" Touch screen *" Tablet or Surface computer "* , I think ASUS Not know about what is tablet . cellphone (2.5"screen) now many companies said upto 5.0" in 2013 ; I think upto 3.0" is the limit for mobiles because my pocket is smaller then 5"; next tablets 7.0" is limit because already 10" laptops available and laptops are high speed then tablets , 10" laptops low cost then 10"tablets ; next laptops 15" is limit but 17" only for gamers ;
so this is a touch screen desktop or Surface computer not a tablet because 15" laptops are upto 5kgs (with bag) so how can take 18.5" to anywhere Iam going.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
NO.
Having two separate OS environments kills it. This is not convenience, it's annoyance. You cannot use or take away anything that you had open on you dock, if you take away the screen...

Surface Pro and the likes have gotten things right, since they are fully fledged tablet PCs. You do not have to change the environment once you leave the dock: your pages, docs, movies and w/e keep on rolling seamlessly.

Now had they foregone the dock hardware and integrated it into the actual tablet, would make this - you guessed it, a full blown usable PC. What's ~600 more grams to that behemoth anyway?

For all your Android needs, you can get a cheap, real tablet.

Fabel

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]NO.Having two separate OS environments kills it. This is not convenience, it's annoyance. You cannot use or take away anything that you had open on you dock, if you take away the screen...Surface Pro and the likes have gotten things right, since they are fully fledged tablet PCs. You do not have to change the environment once you leave the dock: your pages, docs, movies and w/e keep on rolling seamlessly.Now had they foregone the dock hardware and integrated it into the actual tablet, would make this - you guessed it, a full blown usable PC. What's ~600 more grams to that behemoth anyway?For all your Android needs, you can get a cheap, real tablet.[/citation]

It can stream your Windows desktop via wifi when you undock it.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
And that comes with its own set of problems doesn't it?
It's probably better than nothing, though... And it does litte to change the fact that this is a very specific product for a tiny niche.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

I pretty sure it's Windows 8. Windows RT can run on a Tegra processor and they wouldn't need two processors one for each OS.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]GreaseMonkey_62[/nom]I pretty sure it's Windows 8. Windows RT can run on a Tegra processor and they wouldn't need two processors one for each OS.[/citation]