Question ASUS Display port no signal

Jul 5, 2023
I've recently finished a build consisting of Asus TUF VG24VQ1B curved monitor, 6650 XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5500 cpu, Seasonic B12BC 850W and Asus A520M motherboard. Occasionally while gaming, the screen suddenly shows "Display port no signal" message and a few seconds later the monitor together with the keyboard and mouse shut down completely. PC stays on and the only thing I can do force shut down it. I don't know if this is of any relevance but both the cpu and gpu's temperatures are within normal range ( on idle and while gaming). Is this an indication to a motherboard/ monitor issue? Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? How old is the PSU in your build? Make and model of your case, the number of fans in said case and the orientation of the fans in the case? Ambient air temps as well as your component temperatures at load?

Jul 5, 2023
BIOS ver. 2006.

The PSU is no older than 1 month. Matter of fact, all components are brand new.

As for the case, I have an ASUS TUF GT301 with a total of 6 fans: the top ones are mounted on a radiator (AIO ID-Cooling Auraflow 240) and the rest of them are stock ASUS TUF fans (3 front ARGB, 1 back non-RGB).

I attached a picture with the airflow as well as the temperatures of the components while idle and while gaming. Thank you for your reply!
View: https://imgur.com/a/Bw1ouZr

View: https://imgur.com/a/MkCzr7N

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023
Recently I had something similar with my PC, and in the end, it was the Display Port output connector itself. It's defective.

You may want to check it out: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-video-but-only-in-win-11-any-ideas.3810273/
Thanks! I’m glad you got it solved. However, I’m starting to have some doubts regarding either the hdmi or the monitor itself being the problem. I don’t see how the keyboard and mouse also shut down at the same time.

araujo.tiago

Reputable
Sep 25, 2018
You're right. I'm sorry. The part where your keyboard shut down has passed by inadvertently. The output interface would not affect the caps lock led light, for example.

Does it occur while in safe mode? Have you verified the EventVwr to see if there is any error appointed there?

Jul 5, 2023
You're right. I'm sorry. The part where your keyboard shut down has passed by inadvertently. The output interface would not affect the caps lock led light, for example.

Does it occur while in safe mode? Have you verified the EventVwr to see if there is any error appointed there?
Checked Eventvwr just now and it seems like I got over 3000 events, most of them being related to “DistributedCOM”. Around the time the monitor, keyboard and mouse shut down last night, there seems to be another event under the name of “BTHUSB”.

araujo.tiago

Reputable
Sep 25, 2018
Usually, when there is a system-related problem, it appears a red ball with an "x" inside it and is tagged with ERROR. It might be related to the power supply if you saw no errors.

Try using the computer in safe mode.