Asus DSL-N14U, Many, Many issues setting up...

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Ok so I got this router from a family member';s work after they got a new one. They had been having many problems with it so i thought i would look at it. But... My firts issue is that it cant even find a line to connect to. I have it plugged in like normal to my adsl socked comming in. It will look for a connection, fail and ask me whitch "Annex" i would like to use. I have used both A and B whitch did nothing. I am kinda stuck now after fiddling around with settings suggested from the TalkTalk website, help?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
that adsl modem, you connect the phone line in the blue connector, the yellow connectors are for ethernet

do you need to configure it?

have you followed any manual form asus to configure the adsl connection and the wifi connection?

https://www.asus.com/Networking/DSLN14U/

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
yes i do know that much. The cable is plugged in.

I have a working setup at the moment with an old modem, switch and a router as we have many wired devices in the house. I was more wanting to replace it as the modem to use some of the extra features.

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
The in router settings have many, including adsl, adsl2, adsl2+, vdsl even more of them, some i haven heard of before but i use an adsl cable with my current setup and i get 80+ down and 20+ up.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
in general i don't like adsl, it is easy to have a unstable connection over adsl, the other options are just the same with minimum modifications that are not supported most time s by the isp

so you want to change the adsl modem/router?

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
My IPS in the UK is Talk Talk currently i use their modem, i was just going to replace it with this one as all my other networking gear is with ASUS and the fact that it has bandwidth management.