Asus Eee Keyboard Shipping at End of April

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca87

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
At last? still not gonna buy one cos i don't see the point. all this(iPad, slate etc) is all gimmick

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
just a novelty item really... like maybe replace the laptop currently using by the couch for netflix to this which is easier to use from the couch...

BUT in all reality... why spend 400-600 dollars when you could get an out preforming laptop for the same cost that does everything but the touchscreen....

again just a novelty item

G

putting everything you need for a wireless htpc in the form factor of a keyboard and you don't see the point? social networking widgets in a TV is a gimmick. this a the harbinger of the future or home entertainment. once they simplify the connection process to a simple universal remote-style sync that the folks who are mystified by wifi can handle, it will take over. this is the future of the nettop. maybe not this particular machine, but this idea will be the centerpiece of everyone's living room. it will replace remote controls, DVRs, and blu ray/DVD players. it's either this or a tv with the internals on-board and a wireless keyboard or touchscreen device. either way i can't wait.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
With specs like that it still won't run 1080p or Hulu Desktop ... and therefore is completely useless as a HTPC.

I had an ASUS EB1501 for about a week before I became so frustrated at the fact that it couldn't even run 1080p video to my 42" LCD that I sold it on eBay.

This type of device is "neat" but it serves no real purpose, at least not at this point anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.