ASUS EeePad Appearing in June, Retail in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]Not that interested. The HP Slate is interesting as it runs Windows 7 (how many "apps" does Windows have?), but at least this one plays flash content.[/citation]

Na... For this kind of device, I will like Android better, unless it is in Win mobile 7. This kind of device just dose not have the power to make the win7 shine. Since HP slate only come w/ the Atom. Unless you are happy with the netbook level performance which I am not.... I will prefer a HP slate w/ Android.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]3 things are really important in a tablet.Battery time, Weight and Heat production. None are mentioned here.[/citation]
Couldn't agree more butat the moment it is apparent that they are still putting the final touches on it and such specs are probably not available at this point.

mp562

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]flash support: wincamera: winusb connectivity: winnot made by apple: winSo far so good. What about the battery?[/citation]
Battery - not made by apple: win !!!

eric_baird

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I want three to five protruding Palm-style hot-buttons for clicking yes/no, cursor control, selecting and scrolling from lists and launching favourite apps (unlike the iPad's poxy single "flush" button).

I also want the ability to play MPEG2 (unlike the iPad), load&save files freely to USB drives or thumb drives (unlike the iPad), use standard external peripherals (unlike the iPad), take a USB DVB-T tuner dongle so that I can use it as a tablet TV and PVR (unlike the iPad), plug into an external optical drive (unlike the iPad) and, just in case the default OS turns out to be sucky, I'd like the option of loading something else onto it instead, like Windows or Ubuntu (unlike the iPad).

Okay, so the Tegra processor probably rules out Windows, but Ubuntu's pretty good these days, that'd do.

Oh, and I'd like it available right now, please. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.