Question asus error code 99

May 2, 2024
So I've been having an issue with my PC for a week or so. I have a Asus Rog Maximus hero XIII mobo. It started when I got a new graphics card and it was artifacting on the display during startup (only a fresh start, not restart) but went away when windows launched. I guessed it was the graphics card that was faulty so I switched back to my old card, but it was still artifacting during startup. this happened for a couple days and then one day windows had an error and crashed, and wouldn't boot after that. I reinstalled windows and besides the artifacting it was running. I got another windows crash and the pc wouldn't boot even to bios. I removed all but one stick of ram and it booted again. now a couple days ago it crashed and won't boot even to bios and now I have error code 99, which looks like an IO issue. I've cleared the CMOS, tried different ram, different graphics card, checked the CPU and reinstalled it, pulled all the plugs and connected them again. any ideas whats going wrong?

Last edited: