Question Asus EZ tuning - fail to boot

Jun 30, 2020
Hi,
I tried to tune with Asus EZ Tune in BIOS on Z390 tuf gaming mboard, not the first time, but this time something went wrong and pc won't boot.
Removed battery for more than 5 minutes, also done reset of cmos with shorting pins and nothing works.
I just hear a click when I press power button. No rgb lights on.

PSU is SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Jun 30, 2020
Seems like PSU works, after some tinkering PC is somewhat alive, fans run, cooling is on, ram lights up, but it only if 8 pin connector is off. If I attach 8 pin to PSU, PC is dead again.

Jun 30, 2020
Found such comment by Tong Chang under youtube video:
"In your case, you have a bad voltage regulator (VRM). When the motherboard shorts while the 4 or 8 pin cpu 12v atx power connector is connected to the motherboard, it is because your power supply is trying to protect your cpu from shorting itself. With a damaged, or broken VRM, voltage can not be regulated to a sustainable toleration of the processor spec, and the power supply notice this and cut off immediately to further more damage the processor itself "

Seems reasonable. When EZ Tune tried optimization VRM might have been damaged and now it won't start. Looks like mobo to replace I guess, but let me know what do you think?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That may very well be the case here, but I can't give a concrete answer regarding it, because I can't find any reviews on the SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W - that isn't some basic slideshow of sorts.
That psu COULD be tripping the overvoltage or overcurrent protections in place, forcing the system to shut off... but alas, there's nothing to go on.

If you have another Z390 mobo or psu lying around, I'd suggest trying that - it would help narrow it down between the 2.
If not... well, try replacing the mobo first, then the psu.

Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for the tips.
SilentiumPC is very popular here in Poland and has very good user reviews, but it doesn't have OTP nor OCP. I don't know if it is important. It has been working perfectly for more than 1.5 years with almost full 24/7 CPU load until I tried this EZ Tune thing.
Unfortunately I don't have other components to test. I will have to get some help from professionals I think. I don't want to send each component to the manufacturer although I still have warranty.
I will let know when I solve the issue.

Jun 30, 2020
Update, I bought another mobo, this time Gigabyte Aorus Pro and still no luck. I plugged cpu cable, this time red cpu light on mobo turned red and pc went into bootloop.
Order cheap Pentium Gold and now everything works fine. Looks like Asus EZ tune fried i9-9900k.
Question if Asus should return me money for cpu? It was just standard option in BIOS that I turned on.