Question Asus FX502 SSD problem

Koeynig

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
Hello guys,
my friend asked me to upgrade his laptop. Basically he only has 1TB HDD and he bought samsung evo 970 plus. So I disassembled back cover, put SSD in place and wanted to install Win 10. The big problem is that laptop can't recognize the SSD at all.. I've been fighting for almost 2 hours to solve this but unsuccesfully. The SSD is not shown in disk management, in cmd diskpart command and also in bios. As first I tried to install its driver. However I got error message saying "samsung nvm express device is not connected". So I re-plugged SSD to make sure it was connected properly and still the same error message. I also disassembled original HDD and left SSD plugged only. Again, SSD can't be recognized. Basically I've been googling and trying every possible solution but nothing helped so far. If I'm right then laptop should support this type of SSD.. Any advices what to do ? I'm desperate.. I really didn't expect this happening..

Lutfij

Titan
Using CPU-Z can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can find the BIOS version listed under the Mainboard tab. Using that number, run it through Asus's support site for the laptop, here.

If you've got all relevant drivers installed and up to date on your laptop, I think this is the driver that they're referring to;
^ scroll down to the support section, you should see NVMe™ Driver listed with a size of 4.75MB. Install that in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator but that will be of little use unless you're trying to clone the original OS install onto the new SSD.

Just an FYI, the laptop's model number is incomplete, there should be two or more characters after FX502 to help narrow down the model you have(and the right BIOS version for said laptop). The drive should work in your laptop as others have worked with it's older brother, the 970 Evo(model prior to the Plus).

Koeynig

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
Using CPU-Z can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can find the BIOS version listed under the Mainboard tab. Using that number, run it through Asus's support site for the laptop, here.

If you've got all relevant drivers installed and up to date on your laptop, I think this is the driver that they're referring to;
^ scroll down to the support section, you should see NVMe™ Driver listed with a size of 4.75MB. Install that in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator but that will be of little use unless you're trying to clone the original OS install onto the new SSD.

Just an FYI, the laptop's model number is incomplete, there should be two or more characters after FX502 to help narrow down the model you have(and the right BIOS version for said laptop). The drive should work in your laptop as others have worked with it's older brother, the 970 Evo(model prior to the Plus).
Hello,
thanks for the answer. So I downloaded the CPUz software and BIOS version is FX502VE.302
Full name of laptop is Asus FX 502 VE. I already mentioned in my question that I tried to install that driver but unfortunately I'm just keep getting error message mentioned in my question as well. So I'm really not sure what's going on..

Koeynig

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
I'm not 100% sure if it's really NVMe capable.. I only read answer on some forums.. I don't know where to find if it's 100% NVME capable or not..

Koeynig

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
There is only one 1tb hdd (don't exact name right now) and I'm trying to install there Samsung Evo 970 pro plus
Yesterday I also tried various settings in bios but nothing still helps..