ASUS Gaming Headset Includes Rumble Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The video was the usual promotional crud, but in my opinion the plastic looks kinda cheap and the "rumble" sounds like a gimmick. However, we'll see when reviews come out.

G

My medusa NX 5.1 headset does this, and no it's not a gimmick it actually adds to the game well. Tickles your ears too! All in all, not new tech

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I think I prefer the MDR-V6's I have.
You know, real sound, real comfort, and don't look like garbage?
The ONLY reason I'd ever buy gaming headphones is for surround sound (where's the enemy sniper?) and a integrated mic.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
What part is their like about this headset? Seems craptastic to me in so many ways.

1. On-Ear design for a gauruteed uncomfortable fit after prolonged use.
2. USB interface instead of 3.5mm plugs.
3. Rumble Gimmick that probably is a bad idea for your health.
4. Uncomfortable and heating head band that uses high density foam (Practically plastic).
5. Cheap plastic unextendable microphone.

MattBauer09

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Asus, I always liked your products. They were often times quite unique. But this is just one territory I don't think you should tread into :( I'll stick to Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, etc. if I want quality headphones

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Sheesh ... Teac had this system implemented ages ago... the drawback back then was that the headphones were on normal jacks so no power to draw from USB ... it used a remote control like on the cable to house 2 batteries. Teac HP-5-S.

Status
Not open for further replies.