[SOLVED] ASUS Gaming X570-Plus BIOS upgrade to support 5800X

Oct 26, 2020
Hey all

I'm looking to buy a 5800X when it gets released next week alongside the ASUS Gaming X570-Plus mobo. I hear that a BIOS update is needed to support the CPU. Because this is a new PC build, i'm unclear as to how i will be able to update the BIOS without having anything configured (internet etc). I assume that the mobo will still be shipping with an older bios - any thoughts on how i can do this?

Thanks!

James

Solution
I believe that board has BIOS flashback (verify). So you don't need a CPU installed to to the BIOS update. You'll put the BIOS update on a USB drive and proceed per Asus' instruction.
Hey all

I'm looking to buy a 5800X when it gets released next week alongside the ASUS Gaming X570-Plus mobo. I hear that a BIOS update is needed to support the CPU. Because this is a new PC build, i'm unclear as to how i will be able to update the BIOS without having anything configured (internet etc). I assume that the mobo will still be shipping with an older bios - any thoughts on how i can do this?

Thanks!

James
If this is the Asus TUF gaming X570 I don't see the flashback button on Newegg pic's.

If the board and processor are coming in a bundle one hopes they do the common sense thing and make sure the board will support the processor. Definitely call or e-mail them to make sure first.