[SOLVED] Asus GTX 1070 turbo running really slow. How do I fix this?

Nov 30, 2020
Currently, I am having an issue with my Asus GTX 1070 turbo. Coldwar is running very unstable. I was running it completely fine yesterday even. I was running 90-120. I have a GTX 1070, I5 6600, 16gb of ram. Not sure what to do. I tried a fresh install of the GPU drivers. Asus GPU Tweak 2 overclock test is failing too.

Solution
The turbo on the 1070s are kinda weird, when I had mine it boost up to 2050mhz and hang there for a little while and then drop to 2000mhz even when temps are around 50C, It never stayed where I set it. That is until I did the shunt mod, then when I put it at 2050mhz it didn't move from it because the mod tricks the card into thinking its drawing less power.

I think when other parts of the card gets used, it distributes power to other places thats needed and has to downclock so it wont pass a set power limit that Nvidia sets. I mean I could be wrong, I don't really deal or pay much attention to the inner working of the graphics card. I do know the hotter they run, the less it clocks its self up. And if a game doesn't use the GPU to its...
The turbo on the 1070s are kinda weird, when I had mine it boost up to 2050mhz and hang there for a little while and then drop to 2000mhz even when temps are around 50C, It never stayed where I set it. That is until I did the shunt mod, then when I put it at 2050mhz it didn't move from it because the mod tricks the card into thinking its drawing less power.

I think when other parts of the card gets used, it distributes power to other places thats needed and has to downclock so it wont pass a set power limit that Nvidia sets. I mean I could be wrong, I don't really deal or pay much attention to the inner working of the graphics card. I do know the hotter they run, the less it clocks its self up. And if a game doesn't use the GPU to its full potential, it may not even clock up fully.

Solution