Asus Lamborghini Notebook With 1 TB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
im a little bit confused... intel made a 32GB ssd but Asus made a 1TB version why didnt they just sell the HDD unless im missing the big picture O_O

cart0181

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
Only a 6-cell battery? I wonder how many mA hours it has and what the expected run time is going to be. I still have a Sony Vaio that has horrible battery life on its 6-cell. Granted, it doesn't have a SSD though.

echdskech

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Yeah, umm this one's going to make Apple look like Raman noodles in price I think. Not for the faint of heart, I promise you that![/citation]

Yup. Though it wouldn't make sense if it didn't. Lamborghini as a brand is generally about being excessive, exclusive and expensive - especially the Reventón model. While its spec sheet matches the brand, its missing one very important (albeit shallow) part of the Lamborghini image: Its look doesn't evoke the same emotions as a pin-up centerfold. =/

the notebook also features a TwinTurbo mode that can increase CPU and GPU speed with the press of a button

lol I thought TwinTurbo was for Porsche?

This stuff is all marketing garbage. Just because they named it after a super expensive sports car doesn't really mean this laptop is excessively fast. It STILL has a Core 2 Duo processor. So it's not like it's the absolute latest thing available anyhow.

1raflo

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Why Asus didnt put an 4870X2 mobile in this notebook like they did on their latest gaming laptop? if this one is supposed to be like the best of the best in performance/look/etc. (i dont even wanna know how much money it will cost)

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i bet that 1tb ssd is 75% the price of the notebook.[/citation]

I bet the Lamborghini brand name is 95% the price of the notebook.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I smell a price tag of $5000, does anyone else too? It's like representative by a Lamborghini, most people can't afford it. Most people can't afford this laptop, same idea...

Rouke

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
Bit-micro selling SSD's for consumers now??

Bit-micro already has very freakin' fast ssd's, but isn't releasing them for 'normal' consumers.. (untill now so it seems..)

Funny thing is, most people don't know the company (yet)..

http://www.bitmicro.com/

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]lol I thought TwinTurbo was for Porsche?This stuff is all marketing garbage. Just because they named it after a super expensive sports car doesn't really mean this laptop is excessively fast. It STILL has a Core 2 Duo processor. So it's not like it's the absolute latest thing available anyhow.[/citation]
The best part is that it makes you wonder if you can hear the blowers (fans) scroll up when you turn on the turbo's... Naturally Aspirated computers are so much more quiet... :D

zads

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
I'll tell you one thing.
The absolute minimum price to build any 1TB MLC SSD is $1500.
Tack on engineering cost, sales and manufacturing costs, profit margins, retail markup.. you're looking at $2500 minimum sales price.

Status
Not open for further replies.