Question Asus Laptop and Windows

Aug 19, 2020
Hi i come here as last resort for this problem
Got to my hands an asus laptop model k450JF (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/K450JF/specifications/).
Computer came with a linux distribution installed and plan was to reinstall windows. Easy say than done... been a week aound this and i cant get windows to boot. I think whoever installed ubuntu deleted all partitions and damaged windows boot.

Tried several iso with diferent windows versions, i always get stuck at windows logo.... safe boot on bios is disabled and i have legacy mode on.
Tried other pens and programs, rufus, media creation tool. No luck. I even tried an iso with w7 on it. Same thing
When i put a linux image on it, it boots and installs,.

Retrieved hdd from laptop, connected to other computer, format hdd, and installed windows and it boots on my computer.
Pluged hdd on asus again, same thing, blue windows logo and thats it.

I am now on memory tests but i think memory is fine. Some people told me some asus laptop can give trouble with windows version and this model only supports windows 8,not even 8.1 witch is strange becouse on asus suppprt page it shows software even for windows 10 64bit version.

So what might be the problem? What else can i do?.. thank you

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to do a complete fresh install. when the windows installer starts, you want to completely format the entire drive of all partitions and then install windows to that fresh new partition.

no need to worry about any messed up partitions that way. windows will build it new and it should be good to go.

Aug 19, 2020
i have figured out that the computer has indeed a OEM Version with built in windows key in BIOS. how can i know witch windows version system came with to make a fresh install?