Question Asus Laptop Battery Problems

Massiveredboi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
So, I'm not quite sure if this goes here, but my Asus fx505 Du laptop, Which has a 1660ti and a R7 3750H, has had a problem where if I play Red Dead Redemption Two, Dead by daylight, or more recently, Verdun(Which didn't have this problem before), the battery indicator on the taskbar would blink charging and not charging while the laptop is plugged in ans it would drain my battery quite fast. The only thing I did to it was I changed the M.2 ssd from an Intel 660p 512gb to a 1tb A2000 Kingston one, and I didn't mess around with the battery or anything. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
If you didn't mess with the battery, how did you swap in the Kingston M.2 in, in place of the Intel M.2 SSD? If you migrated data via cloning, I'd highly recommend that you:
a| make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version

b| You format and reinstall the OS on your SSD(after creating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools).

c| Make sure you manually install all drivers after manually downloading them from manufacturer's support site, then installing then in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: Massiveredboi