Question ASUS Laptop Bios Loop

May 20, 2019
I have an ASUS laptop and when I turn the laptop on, it automatically loops into the bios. This occured after the laptop crashed and for some apparent reason I cant get the laptop to launch into windows. My OS (Windows 8) is downloaded to my SSD, does anyone have any apparent solutions for this problem? I can provide more details if required.

May 20, 2019
Your drive may be malfunctioning, or Windows is. If your drive shows up in BIOS, try reinstalling Windows. If it does not show up in BIOS, you can try reseating it and testing again, though you might be looking at a dead drive that needs to be replaced.

4ncUrqb.png

Assuming #2 is my disc drive, #4 is my HDD, and #5 is my SSD. They're all appearing on the SATA configuration. Perhaps this is just a corrupted windows then? Do you know how I could forcibly ensure the laptop is attempting to load the drives?

@Climerus - Okay, that's a good start - and yes, you're right about which ATA Port is which device.

While in your BIOS setup, make sure your primary boot device (listed under Boot) either shows your Kingston SSD or "Windows Boot Manager." You should also have a key that brings up a quick boot selection menu; you should also see the Kingston SSD or "Windows Boot Manager" option there.

May 20, 2019
@Climerus - Okay, that's a good start - and yes, you're right about which ATA Port is which device.

While in your BIOS setup, make sure your primary boot device (listed under Boot) either shows your Kingston SSD or "Windows Boot Manager." You should also have a key that brings up a quick boot selection menu; you should also see the Kingston SSD or "Windows Boot Manager" option there.
XrmHqEb.jpg

As you can see from my post, the boot option priorities has no option to change. I appreciate your help guys.

May 20, 2019
Try enabling CSM. It was meant for Win 7 I believe, but Win 8 may have been installed under it.

What does it say next to (or within) Delete Boot Option? Can't see the whole menu.
There's nothing within delete boot option, it's completely empty with nothing to delete in.

If your boot device (SSD) is the mbr partition, disable the fast boot feature, also enable the CSM too.

Secure boot control has been disabled, fast boot has been disabled and CSM has been enabled. It comes up with:
"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".
Once you press a key it repeats the message, and upon reboot it still displays said message.

Does the MB use UEFI or legacy BIOS? If the Mb has the UEFI bios, the settings will be enable UEFI mode, and Secure boot , but disable the CSM.
Also like other member said, make the SSD is your primary boot device, check your computer manual to see how to.

There's nothing within delete boot option, it's completely empty with nothing to delete in.

Secure boot control has been disabled, fast boot has been disabled and CSM has been enabled. It comes up with:
"reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".
Once you press a key it repeats the message, and upon reboot it still displays said message.
It looks like you're probably going to be stuck with reinstalling Windows, then. If there's a built-in OEM recovery console, try launching that (I think Asus' hotkey is F9 for it, but not sure). If it comes to it, you can download Win 8 and install from scratch: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO