[SOLVED] ASUS Laptop constantly raises volume automatically?

Stelios Giatrellis

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2015
Hello, I own an ASUS N551JM with installed fresh windows 10 on a clean fresh hard disk and since the purchase back in 2015, I'm having a very annoying issue: sometimes when I switch to a youtube video, the volume is automatically raised about 2-5 times higher. This change can be easily heard by my ear, but the volume bar stays exactly the same. To change the volume to normal, I have to raise/lower the volume slightly.

I'm not sure if this problem is from the laptop, or windows 10, but it's extremely annoying to constantly have my volume being raised 2-5 times. Any help please?

Solution
You switch to a youtube video from what? You should have the ability to set the volume according to the app you are using. Open Settings, System, Sound, Advanced Sound Options, and you should get the App Volume and Device Preferences menu. You can then set the Volume for each app you are using, including whatever browser you are using to access youtube.
You switch to a youtube video from what? You should have the ability to set the volume according to the app you are using. Open Settings, System, Sound, Advanced Sound Options, and you should get the App Volume and Device Preferences menu. You can then set the Volume for each app you are using, including whatever browser you are using to access youtube.

Solution