Question Asus laptop not letting me downgrade bios

Jul 15, 2020
Hello, I tried to downgrade my laptops bios to a previous version, it works fine, however when I start up I get the message: "Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: System firmware" and when I restart my bios goes back to my current version.

Hello, I tried to downgrade my laptops bios to a previous version, it works fine, however when I start up I get the message: "Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: System firmware" and when I restart my bios goes back to my current version.
Windows is updating the firmware (BIOS) on your laptop, so you will have to disable Windows Update...but eventually it will upgrade the BIOS.
Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version might not contain the support for some hardware on your laptop, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support the latest board revision of your laptop.

Jul 15, 2020
Windows is updating the firmware (BIOS) on your laptop, so you will have to disable Windows Update...but eventually it will upgrade the BIOS.
Downgrading the BIOS to an earlier version might not contain the support for some hardware on your laptop, bug fixes, critical security updates, or support the latest board revision of your laptop.
I need to downgrade my bios, as my cpu isnt undervolting in my current version, is there really no way to downgrade it without it upgrading itself later?