ASUS Laptop Wifi Keeps Dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I haven't found a permanent solution to this. Best solution I've found so far is to turn off wifi, put the laptop to sleep, wake it and reconnect. I've had this problem with different ISPs and different routers. Also had this problem after installing a new hard drive and re-installing everything fresh.

Someone mentioned in another thread it may be because of Avast or other anti-virus. If so, I'd rather have anti-virus and shoddy wifi than no protection at all.

Solution
You can have the anti-virus software to not watch your search of the net, so that while it will be checking the computer, it won't be watching what you do online. It won't leave you unprotected, it just means you will only be notified if something tries to install, or is found to have installed, on the computer. Some are auto set to watch the net too, unless you change the settings. So I would start there.

Also, try an Ethernet connection instead of WiFi and see if you get any problems then. If you do not, then it is more likely to be the WiFi card in the computer that is the problem.
You can have the anti-virus software to not watch your search of the net, so that while it will be checking the computer, it won't be watching what you do online. It won't leave you unprotected, it just means you will only be notified if something tries to install, or is found to have installed, on the computer. Some are auto set to watch the net too, unless you change the settings. So I would start there.

Also, try an Ethernet connection instead of WiFi and see if you get any problems then. If you do not, then it is more likely to be the WiFi card in the computer that is the problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.