[SOLVED] ASUS M4a89gtd best cpu gpu

Jun 10, 2020
My friend just gave me a old build with A ASUS m4a89gtd motherboard. What would be the best cpu gpu combo. Looking to spend around 100 or more on each.

Solution
100 USD, UKP, RM, KR, Riyal, Dirham...? We will need to know the currency you'd like to spend apart from the budget.

Is this the board that you're looking at? If so, then here's a list of all the CPU's it supports. I wouldn't go for anything above a Phenom II X4 960 due to the board's age and VRM degradation, on top of that no matter what you throw at it in terms of investment, you're not to see a proper return on investment.

So, simply put, I'd ask you to invest on a new platform to get a good return on investment.

On a second thought, might want to list your specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Lutfij

Titan
100 USD, UKP, RM, KR, Riyal, Dirham...? We will need to know the currency you'd like to spend apart from the budget.

Is this the board that you're looking at? If so, then here's a list of all the CPU's it supports. I wouldn't go for anything above a Phenom II X4 960 due to the board's age and VRM degradation, on top of that no matter what you throw at it in terms of investment, you're not to see a proper return on investment.

So, simply put, I'd ask you to invest on a new platform to get a good return on investment.

On a second thought, might want to list your specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Solution
Jun 10, 2020
Ok my specs are
Cpu AMD Phenom ll4 955 3.20GHz
Motherboard ASUS m4a89gtd