[SOLVED] Asus Maximus VI Hero DIMM question

Alences

Prominent
May 24, 2019
One of my RAM sticks recently went bad. I contacted Crucial since they are under a warrenty and they will replace them for me. However since they were purchased as a set they want me to send both of them back to them before they will process the RMA. That leaves me with no RAM for about 2 to 3 weeks and since I am working from home during this pandemic I kind of need my computer. The only RAM I have is in one of my old computers but it is DDR2 and as far as I can tell from Asus's website that MOBO only supports DDR3. Does anyone know if DDR2 RAM will work with this motherboard or will it harm it further?
Thanks!

Solution
Unfortunately backwards compatibility on RAM generations is not possible, DDR2 won't work in a DDR3 board.

That sucks man, really sorry to hear but you won't be able to use your rig unless you can find some temporary ddr3 in the meantime.

Alences

Prominent
May 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I assumed that this would be case since all the documentation from Asus says DDR3. I have never had RAM go bad before so I don't have really any just laying around. I have 2 old computers but both have DDR2 RAM in them. Thanks again.