Asus maximus vii formula. (HELP)

alex99xdx

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
I recently started building a rig a few days ago with the asus maximus vii formula motherboard when i tried booting it up it would not boot into bios/uefi and kept giving me the error FE. I tried removing cables,checked the ram and removed the gpu but still came up with the same error FE. I then noticed in the corner of my eye that the board was bent and had a small crack across the board in the bottom right corner of the board which was weird because from the outside the box was in good condition with no sign's of damage . Could this be the issue and if not does anybody have any knowledge of what to do. My system specs are:

asus maximus vii formula
gtx 980 strix
16gb corsair vengeance pro
intel i7 4790k
h100i
ax860i

romirez

Distinguished
FE may be bios problem.
Try older CPU- if it will boot- update bios with asus_bios_updater and after that you will be able to use your main CPU.
If still no boot - need to reflash bios with programmer (use ROM file of bios).

alex99xdx

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

Yes but the thing is i cant even get into bios/uefi the board as not even beeped you now on start up.

alex99xdx

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014

yes i have already took that action (RMA) i have tested everything and have run out of ideas cant boot into bios/uefi. I soon noticed that the board was bent and the pcb was damaged could this be the issue. Also i have reposted a fread on this to see if i can get any more feed back.