Question asus maximus viii hero mic problems.

May 21, 2020
I built my own computer and I assume at some point I put a wire in the wrong spot. No mic I use will work no matter where I plug it in or using settings on windows to configure them. The sound comes through them just fine. But the computer will not register that there is a mic. After hrs and days messing with this I am 90% sure it's a hardware issue. I'm pretty sure I put a wire wrong somewhere but not sure what.

I built my own computer and I assume at some point I put a wire in the wrong spot. No mic I use will work no matter where I plug it in or using settings on windows to configure them. The sound comes through them just fine. But the computer will not register that there is a mic. After hrs and days messing with this I am 90% sure it's a hardware issue. I'm pretty sure I put a wire wrong somewhere but not sure what.
Did you install Realtek sound drivers ?

Reactions: Xurico
May 21, 2020
Did you install Realtek sound drivers ?
Thanks! Didn't think of that but now my mic works. I still think something isn't plugged correctly though cause the mic won't work plugged into the back if the motherboard but I have a wireless set that works just fine going through a usb transmitter so it's all good for now.