Asus Memo Pad HD7 is the Nexus 7's Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid
This is NOT cool.
1GB of RAM? Come the @#$%! on! My old Note II even has 2GB of RAM. I know it's not free but would it cost that much more to put 2GB of RAM in it. ...and yes, yes it does make a notable difference.
Is the market for adequately spec'd (for some semblance on "future-proofing", amongst other things) Android tablets that bad that manufacturers are no longer interested in anything but the lowest end? I keep seeing tablets announced with 1280x800 and 1024x768 screens with 1GB of RAM. ...really rather dissapointed as you can prolly tell.

nonewsgoodnews

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I dont get why you upset about 1gb ram. I have a nexus 7 and to be honest I've never felt the need to complain about it being slow at anything. For $150 with a back facing camera as well this is a phenomenal deal. Is there even another tablet with a screen this good(if its the same as the nexus) for anywhere near that price?

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I have a nexus 7 and have never had a problem with the 1gig of ram.
I am interested if they are going to add support for hdmi output through the usb port to this device. No hdmi output is the feature I really wish my nexus had. I am sure the next nexus, if rumors are true and it is just a large nexus 4, will support hdmi mirroring.

halcyon

Splendid
...but this is supposed to be a new device. How old is the Nexus 7? There's nothing wrong, per se, with the low end being covered but what about the mid- and high-end? All I keep seeing is news about the low end and I'm not trying to be snooty but I tend to try to avoid the low end when possible.

sgodsell

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2013
I think there is an A7 CPU vs the nexus 7's tegra 3 quad core. Since it is a 1.2ghz quad core the CPU in this memo pad 7 could be mediatek's.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Asus also announced a new Transformer Infinity that uses Tegra 4 tablet for those who wants to future proof with super high res and memory. You have to pay for it though. On the other hand, this is one cheap tablet that almost has same spec as Nexus 7 but come with a microSD slot. So for those who mainly want to watch video or listen to music, this is a great tablet.

mathew7

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Any HDMI output info? That's the main reason I never bought the N7 (contrary to most complains on the web, I never used a microSD with my Iconia A100 except for testing).

halcyon

Splendid

There's a good reason why ENGLISH is the accepted language of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.