[SOLVED] Asus mobo overclocking after i reset the bios.

Dec 23, 2021
im having an issue with my motherboard where its overclocking my chip no matter what. i wouldnt mind if the temps werent so high. ryzen 5800x rog strix b550-f. ive tried f5 to reset the whole mobo but it still is show jumps to 4.7 ghz and the temps at idle are high imo. had lower temps with my 2600x with stock cooler and oc. is there anyway to enable the oc to only use it when it needs on these asus boards?

Solution
im having an issue with my motherboard where its overclocking my chip no matter what. i wouldnt mind if the temps werent so high. ryzen 5800x rog strix b550-f. ive tried f5 to reset the whole mobo but it still is show jumps to 4.7 ghz and the temps at idle are high imo. had lower temps with my 2600x with stock cooler and oc. is there anyway to enable the oc to only use it when it needs on these asus boards?
It's not overclocking just boosting like it should do when left on auto. Depending on load some cores wold even shut down at idle while one or more would boost to required frequency under required load. That's how most modern CPUs and MBs work.
Btw, how "hot" does it get and what are you cooling it with ?
It's not overclocking just boosting like it should do when left on auto. Depending on load some cores wold even shut down at idle while one or more would boost to required frequency under required load. That's how most modern CPUs and MBs work.

Solution
Dec 23, 2021
40-50c on idle on the package. h100i elite capellix.