Question ASUS motherboard issue (any help would be very appreciated)

Sep 23, 2019
Hello, I recently decide to custom build a PC for university, so after buying all the parts I gave them to my brother so he could build the PC (he has built some PCs before).

After the first 2 days after it crashed while I was doing some light to medium work on it (it worked fine before), an orange LED started to blink on the motherboard, I had a look and it indicates something to do with the RAM but I am not too sure. I turned the machine back on and it seems to be working fine. I took out the ram and tried one by one to see if maybe a stick was dead but that was not the issue.

After 4 days it was built it crashed again but this time a stable white LED showed up, this LED indicates something to do with VGA but I am not too sure as I am connected via HDMI.

I was just wondering if anyone is having this issues and if all these issues are maybe due to a bad motherboard because I still have a warranty on it

Specs:

Asus ROG STRIX B450 - F

Vega 64

Ryzen 5 - 2600X

corsair vengeance lpx 2x8gb

If anyone could help that would be great, my PC knowledge is very basic

Any help is very appreciated, thank you.

Sep 23, 2019
make and model of the psu?

cpu/gpu temp under load?

memory test?
Hello rgd, the temps of the CPU under load are around 40 and GPU around 70-65
the power supply is a corsair tx650 if I remember correctly.

I sadly am not too sure what you mean by memory test but what I can tell you is that I updated my BIOS as it was 8 months old, not too sure if that will help though.

Thank you for your interest

TRENDING THREADS