Asus motherboard led lit.

Jack_paric

Reputable
Jan 23, 2017
So I jus finished building my first pc and found out I cant connect my monitor to the gpu nor mb, so I just tried turning it on. But when I turn it on, it stops at code A2 and the asus q-code green boot light wont turn off and I dont hear any beeps.
plz help asus maximus ix hero.

Solution
The A2 "IDE Detect" Q-Code means that the motherboard is having trouble detecting or reading connected drives. This often occurs during the initial boot of a new system build before the OS is installed. It could also be caused by a faulty SATA data cable or a loose CPU fan header cable.

Jack_paric

Reputable
Jan 23, 2017

Everything brand new:
asus maximus ix hero
corsair rm650x
i7-7700k
asus strix a8g 1080advanced edition
inwin 805 infinity
samsug evo 850 250 gb ssd
corsair h110i
gskill trident z rgb 3200mhz 16 gb 2x8 gb dual channel

The A2 "IDE Detect" Q-Code means that the motherboard is having trouble detecting or reading connected drives. This often occurs during the initial boot of a new system build before the OS is installed. It could also be caused by a faulty SATA data cable or a loose CPU fan header cable.

Solution

Jack_paric

Reputable
Jan 23, 2017

The cpu fan is plugged tightly, also I tried to swap sata cables, sata ports on mobo, running only with flash disk with linux on it, and it still gives me a2 and now before a2 it gives me like b2 then b4 then b6 and after those a2.