Question ASUS Motherboard Not Working Problem

May 19, 2024
Hello, please forgive my grammatical errors as I use a translation service.

Computer Model: X555L
Motherboard Model: X555LD rev 3.1

My problem is that when I turn on the computer, no image appears on the screen, nor does the BIOS screen appear. The motherboard lasted 3 times, but the third time it completely broke down. Let me explain what I did for each breakdown one by one;
For the first time, I checked whether there was a problem with the cable going to the screen. I did a static discharge and the computer worked.
The second time, even though I repeated the steps I did the first time, the computer did not turn on. I disassembled all the parts and looked at the motherboard and could not see any problems. When I plugged the power cable directly into the motherboard and turned it on, the BIOS screen appeared.
For the 3rd time, I repeated what I did the 1st and 2nd time, I removed the motherboard, but I did not get any results.

-I used a different power supply but I did not get any results.
-I have 2x4 RAMs, 1 of them is embedded and I erased the 2nd RAM with an eraser.
-The processor instantly gets hot enough to burn my hand.
-The graphics card fan does not rotate.

Please help me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to disassemble the laptop, disconnect the battery, remove the stick of ram, press and hold down the power button for 30secs. Using an eraser, clean the gold contacts on the stick of ram, wipe clean then reseat in the ram slot on the motherboard. Try and power up with your power brick, not your battery.

You might be having a grounding issue or a static charge build up.

I used a different power supply but I did not get any results.
Are they the same adapter as your original laptop adapter?

May 19, 2024

@Lutfij I have tried what you said before, thank you.

I tried it with a different power supply, not ASUS's power supply but an original power supply from another brand.
I don't have a meter, but I do have a digital pen. When I test ASUS's power supply, I see that the value goes up to 220V. When I try it in the processor and graphics card RAM slots, I can see that the power is coming.
But I saw that there was no power to 2 mosfets. I saw something yellow on some solders and yellow things in some places. That's why I think it's not working. What do you think I should do?

May 19, 2024

By the way, let me add this, Mr. @Lutfij. At first, when I plugged in the power cable and pressed the power button, the processor reached burn-inducing temperatures for a while and then cooled down on its own, most likely the system shut down due to overheating.

Then the processor no longer started to heat up when first powered on. The heat appeared in a different area. The area I marked in the image below is getting hot, but the heat temperature changes, sometimes to the point of being touched.
I marked 1 mosfet that wasn't working and forgot the other mosfet. I didn't look at all the MOSFETs one by one because they were connected in series.
What do you think I should do?