Question Asus Motherboard q-code 70 problem

sys32

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
I think that Pc has almost five years now. One day a let the computer on and went eat something when i returned i was getting q-code 70 (pch dxe initialization Is started) and bot_led_device on and the pc constantly reboting (was able to get in the bios for some seconds and then the pc would restart). Thought that maybe could be a bios issue so a updated It but now when i turn the pc on the errors persist and i can't finish the bios installation because the restarts around 54%~58%.

Tried:

I have tried practically every thing at this point. I have cleared the CMOS and booted with one stick of RAM (tried with both sticks on the First two slots) I have ran the board outside of the case, I have removed gpu, I have flashed the BIOS to the most recent version, I tried removing HD, keyboard, mouse (in all combinations even trying the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports) . I checked the psu throught the self-test. Tried also unplugging fan and pump cables.

I'm getting really frustrated at this point, and nothing seems to be working.

Specs:

Processor: i7 4770k

Cooler: nzxt Kraken x60

Gpu: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 amp! 6gb

ASUS Maximus vii formula

Psu: Corsair ax1200i

HD: western Digital 2tb (wd2003fzex)

Ram: 2x 8gb DDR3 Corsair (cmd16gx3m2a1866c9)

Lutfij

Titan
Paper clip test doesn't show how much power the PSU can effectively output, it's exactly why they ask you to add a load at the end of one line, to simulate a system being connected to the PSU.

How long did you keep the CMOS battery out of the board's socket? Might also want to see if relaxing a few turns off the screws on the AIO's retention bracket helps alleviate the issue.

sys32

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
I didn't used the paper clip test that Corsair psu has a Button for self testing (checks all voltage lines and fan). I kept the battery out for around 2 minutes. I tried to alleviate the pressure but no change. I forgot to mention that i found no sign of corrosion on the board (checked when i was removing the battery there was also barely any dust.) and cpu temps never reached 70c.