Question asus motherboard white led

Sep 4, 2024
sometimes my pc doesnt turn on it stays on white led, i have to keep restarting it or wait and try again until it turns on.. everything is new, asus motherboard b650. the gpu is a 7900xtx and the cpu 7 7800x3d, psu is 1000w platinum i just upgraded from 850 hoping it could fix the issue but no results
could it be the monitor? g27qc 165hz 1440p, or the display port? or the gpu?
it is very frustrating
View: https://imgur.com/a/w8yy5Pt

motherboard and gpu drivers are up to date

Last edited:
Have you tried resetting CMOS?

If I recall correctly a white Q-LED on my Asus board meant a VGA (GPU) fault during the boot POST process. Look really closely at your board for lettering next to the LED, or in the board's manual, to see if that's the case for yours.

You might also re-seat the GPU; just remove it and re-install being sure to push all the way in.

If your 7800x3d has on-die VGA then remove the GPU completely and use that alone for a while to see if the problem repeats.

Sep 4, 2024
Have you tried resetting CMOS?

If I recall correctly a white Q-LED on my Asus board meant a VGA or GPU fault during the boot POST process. Look really closely at your board for lettering next to the LED, or in the board's manual, to see if that's the case for yours.

You might also re-seat the GPU; just remove it and re-install being sure to push all the way in.

If your 7800x3d has on-die VGA then remove the GPU completely and use that alone for a while to see if the problem repeats.
i used the graphics of the cpu alone for a bit and i didnt have that problem, you re saying its not the monitor?

Last edited:
i used the graphics of the cpu alone for a bit and i didnt have that problem, you re saying its not the monitor?
I don't think so, but it may be possible. For instance: if HDMI signals back some sort of ready or good signal during POST like the other systems do (CPU, memory, drives, GPU itself), a defective monitor might set that light. It seems a bit far fetched though...trying another monitor with the GPU might help you tell though.