[SOLVED] ASUS/ Nvidia HDMI problem

sparkygroover

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2014
How can I connect an HDMI cable from my ASUS H87-plus M/B to my VIERA TV while I`m using an Nvidia GT740 graphics card running my desktop monitor? The cables are all working. . How can I run both HDMI connections at the same time from my PC? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Most motherboards will disable integrated graphics when it detects a discrete card installed.
You may have to explicitly enable the integrated adapter to do what you want.

Why not connect both to the GT740?
You may need a hdmi adapter cable to do so.

Lutfij

Titan
What processor do you have on your motherboard? Might want to also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for said motherboard. So long as the processor has an iGPU(which it should), you should be able to plug in a display off the HDMI port on the motherboard.

InvalidError

Titan
As long as the IGP isn't forced to disabled in BIOS or the BIOS isn't forcibly disabling it when a dGPU is installed, it should be as simple as making sure the IGP has a monitor plugged into it at boot so the BIOS doesn't auto-skip it when graphics priority is left on Automatic in BIOS. Some BIOSes don't have a manual setting for graphics priority.

Reactions: sparkygroover
Most motherboards will disable integrated graphics when it detects a discrete card installed.

Solution

sparkygroover

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2014
What processor do you have on your motherboard? Might want to also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for said motherboard. So long as the processor has an iGPU(which it should), you should be able to plug in a display off the HDMI port on the motherboard.
Intel Core i5 4570
Haswell
Package Socket 1150 LGA.... Hope that helps.

sparkygroover

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2014

The GT740 has only 1 HDMI output. Would rather not buy another adaptor as I have 2 HDMI cables and 2 monitors/TV`s.(An adaptor might be a final solution.) Thanks for your advice.

sparkygroover

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2014

Thanks. That worked. Just disabled Auto and now have 2 HDMIs running 2 monitors/TVs. :)