Asus or EVGA GTX 970

Si3rraOne

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
i want to get a gtx 970 but im not sure what producer i should look towards. My build so far is here. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sierraone19/saved/9hrcCJ

I was looking towards a EVGA but they seem to have issues. My motherboard is Asus and i can control fan speeds and other stuff only on Asus cards, so that is a decent reason to get a Asus card. Can someone help me?

Solution
I think you would be most happy with the Asus one. There have been reported very loud evga cards and the 3 heatpip isnt on the proccesor. If ypu could i would snag an msi one if i were you. Its quieter under load. I bought a gtx 970 msi 4g and the asus 970. I retuned the asus one cus the msi one was slighly quieter. For the msi one fan speed wont matter since you cant hear it anyways

KrissT

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
I think you would be most happy with the Asus one. There have been reported very loud evga cards and the 3 heatpip isnt on the proccesor. If ypu could i would snag an msi one if i were you. Its quieter under load. I bought a gtx 970 msi 4g and the asus 970. I retuned the asus one cus the msi one was slighly quieter. For the msi one fan speed wont matter since you cant hear it anyways

Solution

Si3rraOne

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
a store near me has a asus one in stock and im not going to be playing intense stuff like bf4 so would i be ok with a asus then? the noise is not a huge factor for me.