ASUS or MSI. Go

Roger That

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Many people are of the opinion that ASUS motherboards are higher quality than MSI. But honestly I think it is only fair to give MSI a chance. I personally utilize an ASUS Z-87-A. But MSI is just so beautiful. I am considering using an MSI mobo in my next build.

Here she is. What do you think?

MSI X99S gaming 9 AC

MSI GTX 980

NZXT Phanton (red)

Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell (3.3 GhZ)

CM Seidon 120m

WD Black 1TB

Corsair CXM 750 Bronze

G.Skill 8 GB DDR4

Samsung 850 Pro 128 GB

Case lights... fans.. stuff

I had a high end Asus board die on me a few years ago, and the cost for shipping was just as much as the MSI board I bought to replace it. The $150 MSI board has been in my computer ever since and it even overclocked my CPU better that the $300+ Asus . Since then, both of my brothers have purchased MSI boards and none of us have had any issues yet with them. I think you may just have to watch out for their lower end stuff, but that can be said about pretty much any manufacturer.

The board you are looking at purchasing is one of MSI's very best, so you should have no issues with it. ;) GURU3d Gave the board it's top pick award, which pretty much means best in it's class in their opinion.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_x99s_gaming_9_ac_motherboard_review,22.html

Roger That

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

Thanks for the input! I didn't know Corsair CXM PSU's weren't very good. I will probably go with EVGA I guess

Corsair is good when you get up to TX, HX and AX series!

Roger That

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

Ohh I see. Well that is good to know!