Asus P5K-SE or Gigabyte GAP35D-S3L

wolfy87

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2007
I think it does, and ds3l is better than asus se(second crippeled edition)..
Anyway, I would add few bucks and buy ds3p, cause it has 6phase, and that will be important for q6600...I think 4phase on ds3l is not enough...

mihirkula

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
There are two more USB ports in the Gigabyte DS3L than the Asus P5kSE....

Though you have an ESATA port in the ASUS... no ESATA in DS3L.

I liked the gigabyte more since i have no use for ESATA and i need them USB slots.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
my retailer dont have any higher class p35's lol! so basically i only have options for msi, ecs, gigabyte, and asus class B/stripped down p35's.

hmm i dont know what those phases means but i'll do a google for that.

sucks to be here in manila. theres not a single retailer that has everything you want. if it weren't for warranty issues i'd prolly buy components piece by piece, im just not good at keeping receipts though.

hey mihirkula, how far were you able to oc your e6750 with your mobo? i can buy an extra usb hub in case i ran out of ports

mihirkula

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007

3.4 ghz when i had Transcend DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 @ 1.8v..... now that was for like 3 days...cos a friend of mine borrowed my Tuniq Tower Cooler and RAM.... i'm using my roommate's 2GB 667 Transcend (half of the 4GB he bought much to his annoyance)....so i'm on stock settings without an aftermarket cooler for another 2 weeks. So the answer to your query is 3.4ghz.

my retailer don't have any higher class p35's so basically i only have options for msi, ecs, gigabyte

Gigabyte isn't a low class P35 mobo.... its the most popular non SLI brand of mobos out there.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
yeah but this p35-ds3l is like the kid brother of those gigabyte p35 heavyweights, thats what i mean by stripped-down. same as the asus p5k-se, super stripped down of the heavyweight p5k's :D

gigabyte it is then :D. weekend is coming and im finalizing my build.. i'll give you guys feedback after the weekend regarding my build.

one last problem is the psu. i can't afford this high end psu from Corsair, CMPSU-620HX way way out of my budget.

im down to 2 alternatives:

this one > Enermax 535wtwin fan EG565P-VE (this one is cheaper)

and this one > CoolerMaster 550w Real Power SLI

what you guys think? i cant find any relevant reviews regarding this psu' because they're 1-2 years old already

mihirkula

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
You don't need a 600W or even a 500W PSU for a non SLI rig .... get the Corsair 450VX. .... or the Corsair 550VX if its not that much expensive than 450VX.