Question asus P8P67 DRAM LED and other problems

Jul 8, 2019
Hello, so i bought used motherboard few days ago and yesterday in the morning, I wanted to launch my computer. When i pressed the power button, it started and after 2-3 seconds just powered off. I saw that the DRAM LED is blinking in red colour and my first thought was, that the ram is broken, so i changed them. It didn't work, I switched to other slots and i've got the same result. I searched in the internet for help and I've found that to remove the graphics card and restart the bios. I did it and while I was waiting for the bios to restart I found information about the MemOK button. I held it and after 3 restarts bios launched. On the screen I saw message that New CPU is installed, MemOK launched the computer and ,,Chassis Intrude....System halted". I booted the system by choosing the boot drive. I searched everything for the chassis intrude information, but there's nothing about it, because my motherboard propably doesn't even have this option. After like 8 hours, I restarted the computer to see what's gonna happen and as I thought, the DRAM LED was blinking in red. Today I started the computer again with MemOK button, but now I saw that overclocking didn't work, but I didn't do any overclocking. What can I do? Do I have to send the card for the warranty or I can do something about it? My bios is from 2012, maybe updating might help?

edit: now the dram led is one time blinking one time solid

Motherboard: Asus P8P67
RAM: Patriot Viper 4gbx2 1600mhz
CPU: i7-2600k stock

Thanks for helping.

Last edited:

lateralnw

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
Did you get a solution to your problem?

Re system intrude you need to disable that. It thinks that computer has been opened when it is not allowed to be opened. One solution is to reset the bios.

Or
I posted here many years ago a similar problem.
It may not be the same answer for you but worth looking at this thread. At the end of the tread is the answer.
Bent motherboard causing the memory not to sit flat. More specifically it was the memory slots not soldered flat to the motherboard.
There are pictures on the other post. The memory holders are only about 1-2 mm in error so you need to look carefully.
If the memory rocks even a little bit in the slots it could be the problem.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/asus-p8p67-le-memory-sticks-rock-in-slot.402141/

Last edited: