Asus PB277Q vs PB278Q vs ROG PG279Q

forerunner

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Im trying to upgrade my gaming life to that of 1440p and trying to decide which monitor to go with. I currently am typing this on the PB277Q. I feel like the gamma is a bit strong, and that the color accuracy of the TN panel it has is just a bit, well, inaccurate.

my goal is to primarily game, but be able to do some photo editing as well.

that brings me to the 278. It has an IPS panel instead, but is about 90$ more than what i paid for the 277 (which is still available to be sent back to amazon.) It also looks like it has a max refresh rate of 60hz instead of 75 (coming from a 120hz 23.5 inch samsung.)

I would like to have the best of both worlds, the 1440, and the 144hz but idk if i can commit to an 800$ gaming monitor. Is gsync really that amazing? Im running a gtx 970 currently with aspirations of moving up to either a 1070 or waiting for the 20XX series comes out.

Is there any ips monitors out there that have good response time, high refresh rate, 1440p at 27 inches that dont suffer from any of the gross things like ghosting or motion blur for around 4-500$ that would make it not worth just spending another couple hundred to get the coveted ROG?

OR should i just save myself the 100$, keep the 277, play some games and dick around, and upgrade later when the prices drop and just use my secondary 60hz asus 24 inch IPS monitor for the occasional photo editing session?

thanks