Question ASUS PCE-AC88 wireless adaptor random disconnects

Jan 20, 2021
Hi,

I recently received the ASUS PCE-AC88 Dual-Band AC3100 wireless adptor and the speeds are much better than my previous wireeless card however I stumble into random disconnects where I have to go run the driver setup for the card and run through a repair. This is extremely annoying as this can happen within 10 minutes of a previous disconnect all the way up to an hour after one. I read other threads and trouble shoots however nothing seems to work. The most common fix is to go into device manager and disable the function where windows can turn off your wireless adaptor in the power management setting however that setting does not show up whereas on my other card I can see the option to disable it. Please could someone get back as this problem is extremely frustrating and means that the card isnt even functioning as it should,

kind regards,

Aaron

That card is pretty much top of the line card. It has remote antenna and it is one of the very few that has 4 antenna. It should be the fastest card you can buy.

There generally are no power management setting for large pcie cards, some do have it but mostly this is something for those small m2 cards or a USB stick. Even on device that support it very few actually go to low power mode because there is pretty much a small amount of traffic constantly if you have anything at all open.

It all depends on what level things are disconnecting. Can you tell for example if you actually lose the radio connection or are you just losing the IP addresses.

I know one of the common causes of this is a feature called auto config on the wifi. You need to test to see if disabled is better than automatic.

Jan 20, 2021
That card is pretty much top of the line card. It has remote antenna and it is one of the very few that has 4 antenna. It should be the fastest card you can buy.

There generally are no power management setting for large pcie cards, some do have it but mostly this is something for those small m2 cards or a USB stick. Even on device that support it very few actually go to low power mode because there is pretty much a small amount of traffic constantly if you have anything at all open.

It all depends on what level things are disconnecting. Can you tell for example if you actually lose the radio connection or are you just losing the IP addresses.

I know one of the common causes of this is a feature called auto config on the wifi. You need to test to see if disabled is better than automatic.
Hey,
Unfortunatley Im not sure how to tell if I am losing radio connection or the IP addresses. everything is updated including windows and all drivers such as the motherboard. How do you disable auto config wifi?